Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Women do not answer

Dear Renee,
I constantly meet pretty woman, talk to them and get their phone numbers, but when I call them, I never get called back. I have even tried several different approaches:

I waited three days before calling; that didn't work.

I waited more than a week before calling, finally left a message, but never got a callback.

I asked out a woman who said "yes" and gave her my number, and she never called.

So what am I doing wrong? I tried to talk to a couple of different females about this, and they all recommended that I keep calling until asked to stop. But I think that's just too creepy.
I usually leave three messages, and if she doesn't return my call, then I assume she is not interested. And if she is too busy to call me back, then I don't think she is someone I would want to go out with anyway.
I seem to be doing everything right when I see an attractive female because I get her number at the end of the conversation. But there is a black hole between that and getting a date.
I've ruled out talking myself out of a date by saying too much too quick because I never get to talk to them. And I ruled out fake phone numbers because I've spoken with these women's roommates and such.
Am I having bad luck, or am I doing something wrong? Before I get another pretty woman's phone number and screw that up, can this be fixed?
Troubled in PA

Dear Troubled,
You have to keep in mind that most women are auditory, so something you are saying must be turning them off. This sounds very frustrating, but I have a few suggestions:
Listen to yourself
Get a tape recorder and listen to your voice. Have you ever listened to your own voice? Do you have an effeminate tone or high-pitched voice? Some men aren't aware of how they sound over the phone. Are your messages boring? Do they make you sound needy or frustrated?
Adapt a vibe
I get a distinct "nice guy" vibe from you without even knowing you. You might be sending out a vibe that seems needy and it may come across without your being aware of it. You need to pick up on the vibes you send and learn what women want.
Have a plan
When you call these women up, have a date and location in mind. Most men leave messages like, "Hi Susan, Bob here calling to say hi... give me a call soon! Bye!"
Instead try, "Hey Susan, I enjoyed meeting you on Saturday. I have tickets to a great concert Friday so call me by tomorrow to let me know if you're available! My number is ___-____ and I'm looking forward to seeing you again."
Good luck on your next attempt.
Renee

1 comment:

Frustrated said...

Why it shouldn't sound 'needy' ? Why do I always have to be like an alpha male?!