Friday, August 29, 2008

Highway Melody

Sunday, May 11, 2008 1:55 PM
Highway Melody
From: smilingtomtom@hughes.net
May 11 – I See Peace In Your Loving Eyes

“Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned.” Song of Solomon 8:7

I found you in the twilight of my life…..I was just a broken lonely clown…..On a down hill slide to the endless night…..When you asked me to lay my burden down…..In your arms I have found my place…..As I look upon your precious face…..You are God’s angel in disguise…..I see peace in you loving eyes.

I found your love a the right time of life…..I was not looking for romance…..Just a hurt betrayed rejected man…..who had learned the solitary dance…..In your arms I have found my place…..As I look upon your precious face…..You are God’s angel in disguise…..I see peace in you loving eyes.

I found your love soothed my weary soul…..when you came to be my darling wife…..All our emotions are in full control…..as hand in hand we stroll through life…..In your arms I have found my place…..As I look upon your precious face…..You are God’s angel in disguise…..I see peace in you loving eyes.

…..In your arms I have found my place…..As I look upon your precious face…..You are God’s angel in disguise…..I see peace in you loving eyes.

Can you imagine driving down a mountain grade (6% or more) doing 90 mph? That is a glimpse of my life some years ago. Two things happened to me which turned my life around. Jesus Christ became Lord of my life, and a lovely lady became my wife. God’s peace filled my soul and I saw peace my lady’s loving eyes. No matter what was said between us in the heat of a misunderstanding we both knew that our love for each other and our love for the Lord Jesus Christ would see us through. For the first time in my life I realized what it means to love someone unconditionally. She is truly my angel in disguise.

No comments: