Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I Wish I Knew Your Name by Roberto J. Prinselaar

Monday, 12 March 2007

I Wish I Knew Your Name
by Roberto J. Prinselaar

I knew you once upon a time
Like I knew many more
I think I knew your last name
Before I learned the score
You worked and slept alongside of me
A member of the crew
Not knowing you would soon be gone
Your life would soon be through
You did your duty on the gun
You were good at what you did
No one would think by watching you
That you were just a kid
I really don't know what it was
That hit you that day
No time to stop, we carried on
No one knew what to say
Your place was filled by another kid
Who looked about the same
And now I wish I knew you then
I wish I knew your name

Contributed by Bill Faith on March 12, 2007 at 01:42 AM in Bob Prinselaar, Poetry, The American Warrior, US Navy Permalink Comments (0) TrackBack

No comments: