Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Random thoughts on love

You say, 'If I had a little more, I should be very satisfied.' You make a mistake. If you are not content with what you have, you would not be satisfied if it were doubled. ~C.H. Spurgeon

I found the poetry below on a website for e-cards, authors unknown.

I've fallen into you;
into the heart that loves me
as no other has before...
or ever will again.
Into the love that holds me
in the arms of forever.
I've fallen into you;
and I will never ask why.



Your fragrance intoxicates me...
your eyes sparkle with the blue of the sea;
heart as pure as the white dove
body as smooth as stones in the tide.
As I stand by your side,
I can't help but wonder
if you are of my world...
but I know you are of my dreams,
and I surrender my heart to you ~
sweet mystery.


LOVE: The irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired. - Mark Twain


Hell is . . .
. . . never knowing a woman’s next move. (Body Language, 1995)

No comments: