Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Biography of Aimee Dupre

Email: aimeedupre@hotmail.com

Aimee's Biography: I am located in a small town nestled in the hills of southern Ohio along the Ohio river.

I was born in that same small town in the fall of 1955. I am married with one estranged daughter (that's a long story) and a husband who desires my absolute devotion and attention (one does not always get what one desires).

I don't have time to devote to writing so I have assumed a secret identity. Aimee DuPré is actually my grandmother's middle name and married name.

I write when I can steal a few moments alone and be undisturbed. I have a propensity for verbosity, and I have more story ideas than I'll ever be able to write down. I have a tendency to procrastinate.

I search the web and get easily sidetracked. I may start with research on a particular battle in the civil war and end up looking at medical technology in the late 1800's.

I began writing fiction in high school and graduated in 1973. I have an associate of science degree (a two-year program) from a local state university. In the late '80's and early 90's I did extensive traveling back and forth from Kentucky to Florida. I lived "on the road" in a travel trailer for thirteen years, hitting the flea markets in the southern states. I have lived in Lexington, Kentucky, and in Florida briefly in Kissimmee and longer in Lakeland and Winter Haven, and Fort Myers and San Carlos Park.

I have worked as a secretary and/or bookkeeper for:
a two-year college,
a nationally-known auto/life/health insurance company,
a children's hospital (as a technician in the lab),
an advertising specialties company,
a dating service,
the American Saddlebred Horse Association,
a local city government office,
a restaurant/bar/comedy club,
a residential home builder, and
the district office of a major religious denomination.
(Sounds like I can't hold a job!)

I completed my first novel, an historical romance entitled "The Flame and the Rose" in 1993 or so. Actually, it still is not complete. I must revise it before publishing it here on my website.

The web has been a God-send for someone like me. Otherwise, I would never have had the opportunity to have any of my work published. My dream is to get positive feedback on my "great American novel" and to become famous at least in my little neck of the woods. (Reach for the stars, as they say.)

My Motto: "I may be obsessive, but I'm not compulsive." -- Aimee DuPré

Interests
Tom Berenger
writing
fan fiction
civil war history
western history (1860's through 1890's)
romance writing and reading
especially historical romance
playing the piano, the Hammond organ, and the mandolin

Favorite Music
1970's rock and pop
even the dreaded disco (that was my era!)
popular
bluegrass
Linda Eder, Broadway singer
Barry Manilow, singer and song writer
Harry Connick, Jr., singer and fantastic pianist
Michael Bublé, singer
Michael McDonald, singer, song writer (former Doobies Band member)
Doyle Lawson and Quicksilver (bluegrass)
IIIrd Tyme Out (bluegrass)
and the oldies
The Doobie Brothers
Creedance Clearwater Revival
Dan Fogelberg

Favorite Books
Civil War history
historical romance (set in Western 1860's - 1890's)

No comments: