Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Psyc profiles

Ludus Items
I believe that what my partner doesn’t know about me wont hurt him/her.
I have sometimes had to keep my partner from finding out about other lovers.
My partner would get upset if he she knew about some of the things I’ve done with other people.
Storge Items
Our love is the best kind because it grew out of a long friendship.
Our friendship merged gradually into love over time.
Our love relationship is the most satisfying because it developed from a good friendship.
Pragma Items
A main consideration in choosing my partner was how he/she would reflect on my family.
An important factor in choosing my partner was whether he/she would be a good parent.
One consideration in choosing my partner was how he/she would reflect on my career.
Mania Items
When my partner doesn’t pay attention to me I feel sick all over.
I cannot relax if I suspect that my partner is with someone else.
If my partner ignores me for awhile, I sometimes do stupid things to try to get his/her attention back.
Agape Items
I would rather suffer myself than let my partner suffer.
I cannot be happy unless I place my partner’s happiness before my own.
I would endure all things for the sake of my partner.
The Primary Styles
Eros is characterized by an intense physical and emotional attraction and commitment.
Ludus refers to love that is played out according to a set of rules, and should be fun with no commitment.
Storge is characterized by a deep affection, devotion and commitment.
The Secondary Styles
Mania is an obsessive and intensive love.
With Pragma, love is viewed as a practical matter of finding a compatible partner and settling down.
Agape is an intense for friendly love, often self-sacrificing.

No comments: