Saturday, December 15, 2007

Quotations

If we fear death we cannot fully live,
and if we fear life we will not find solace in death.
Every beginning has an ending and every ending has a beginning.
The Wheel of the Year turns as do the cycles of our lives.
-- unknown

A lover is easily found, but someone who
is everything at once and who would leave
you an orphan, a widow, and friendless, if he
left you, would be a miracle. You are that
miracle--I adore you!
Colette (1873-1954)
Young Lady of Paris

Give me a kiss before you leave me
And my imagination will feed my hungry heart
Leave me one thing before we part
A kiss to build a dream on
. . .
Give me your lips for just a moment
And my imagination will make that moment live
Give me what you alone can give
A kiss to build a dream on.
Louis Armstrong (1951)

"The Truth is not dependent on my ability to understand what is going on."
“We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” – Winston Churchill
ONE STEP AND THEN ANOTHER
One step and then another,And the longest walk is ended;One stitch and then another,And the largest rent is mended.
One brick upon another,And the highest wall is made;One flake upon another,And the deepest snow is laid.
ANONYMOUS

Theology is [always/sometimes/never] fun so please could you tell me how would you describe the Kingdom of God in 5 words or less?
Wish you where here!

All writing is a form of prayer.
-- John Keats
“Why walk when you can swagger?” -- unknown

“Being an avid writer does not necessarily mean that you are good at it.” – Aimee DuPré


"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put."
- Sir Winston Churchill

If the world were a logical place, men would be the
ones who ride horses sidesaddle.

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
-Anonymous

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.
-Ben Williams

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog.
-Franklin P. Jones

No comments: